Dear Erindale Family,
I am delighted to be writing this letter to you in anticipation of our 58th Anniversary Celebration, to take place on Sunday October 28th. God is so good and we have much to celebrate as we mark another year as a gift from God.
We are off to a wonderful beginning this fall, with so many things happening!
- Our Annual Rally Day & Back Pack Blessing, along with the return of our vibrant Children’s Church took place on September 9th. This year we have a Tween Group (Grade 6+) who meet 3 out of 4 Sundays each month (they remain in worship on Communion Sundays).
- On September 23rd we hosted a Community Mission Sunday in support of The Alzheimer Society of Peel – A representative came and shared with us in worship and we hosted a fundraiser after worship: Coffee Break. We raised more than $450. Thank you!!!!!
- The Ride for Refuge took place on September 29th. John Neil’s Team, which included a number of Erindale Members, raised over $2,000 in support of Christie Refugee Welcome Centre. We are grateful to John for coordinating a team!
- Our brand new digital sign was installed early in the New Year – and it is wonderful. We have a lot of fun coming up with messages, along with announcing to our community the many opportunities we offer for engagement. We continue to give thanks for EVERYONE who supported this very important ministry of outreach and engagement.
And now for what’s coming up!
- L.A.M. (Serving God, Loving Others & Making a Joyful Noise) – our Friday night children’s program, kicks off on Friday October 5th @ 6:30pm.
- If you feel like a good laugh, join Dave and I for a date-night of Christian Comedy on October 19th. Simply talk to me (Rev. Jen) for details.
- Please mark your calendar for Tuesday October 23rd, because on that day we will host a Lunch and Hymn Sing for Seniors (60+). Call the office for more info.
- We are in the midst of planning a Women’s Retreat to take place November 23rd-24th. We still have space for more participants! Talk to Rev. Jen for details.
- We continue to await the arrival of our Refugee Family. They have been approved and all of their documentation is ready. We look forward to a phone call letting us know they are on their way. Please continue to pray for the Qanbari family.
SO MUCH is happening as we grow in faith and love together, Amen?!
As we approach our 58th Anniversary, will you please share a generous financial gift in celebration of what God has done and continues to do in our midst? As we seek the Spirit’s movement among us, we need your help to make new ministry opportunities a reality. Please click on the donate now link to the right of this letter, and share a generous gift in Thanksgiving. We deeply appreciate your support and encouragment.
On Sunday October 28th we will welcome back Rev. Carolyn McAvoy as our Anniversary Preacher. Of course we will have cake, and share in a wonderful celebration together on that day. Please come!
May God continue to guide us into tomorrow with love and grace.
Rev. Jen Sokolowsky